Turtle Dance Community Guidelines and Agreements
FLYING TURTLE DANCE AGREEMENTS & GUIDELINES
We are a free-form, family-friendly dance space.
Listen to your body, move to your felt truth.
Honor yourself and others with sensitive care and respect.
Let "Yes" represent a genuine choice & "No" be an
expression of honesty & kindness.
- To share our common intentions of healing, expression, connection, and community building.
- To interact consensually at all times.
- To ask, whether verbally or non-verbally, without presumption.
- To discern the quality of connection needed for conscious, mutual, and informed consent.
- To approach humbly, observing and listening foremost, especially with people I don't know.
- To be respectful and responsive to boundary-setting cues, whether subtle or clear.
Regarding ambiguity: inquire.
- To stay present to shifting, moment-to-moment boundaries.
- To sense carefully info full consent, especially when touching, sharing weight, or lifting.
- To be openly accountable for misunderstanding someone's signals.
- To trust and honor our internal, felt "yes", "no", or "don't know" (pause!).
- To welcome and assert my boundaries and use my words.
- To not approach dancers who are by themselves with eyes closed, or approach from behind without prior consent.
- If someone does not respond to an invitation, to take that as a "no" and not persist or pursue.
- That dance connection does not imply consent to advances off the dance floor - including making social media requests of those I don't otherwise know socially. Our dance environment, while warm and connective, centers on healing and growth, not "hooking up".
- To allow the safe expression of our whole selves, including sensual and sexual energies, by not engaging in intentional touch of private sexual areas (including not "making out"). Consent in this is not an exception. We keep this shared space safe for ourselves, for connection, and for the vulnerabilities of those who witness us.
- To honor the individual ways we express our chosen identities.
- To avoid staring at others.
- To refrain from substance use that could hinder awareness or caution in any way.
- To care for our fellow dancers' health and sensitivities by avoiding scents.
- To not wear street shoes on the dance floor.
- To cherish our dance immersion by not having social conversations on the floor during dance, or on the perimeter whenever it might disrupt moments of collective quiet. (But always use your words when needed!)
★ If you experience discomfort, harm, or any consent-related issue, please reach out to a
Dance Ambassador (wearing glowing wrist or ankle bands) the moment you feel the desire to.
★ Finally: since a completely risk-free experience is not attainable in an exploratory space,
remember that our individual and collective initiatives in addressing and repairing
boundary mistakes are as loving and vital as are our efforts to prevent them!
♥ Succinctly ♥
♥ Move as you wish, honoring each Yes, No, and Don't Know, your own and others, with loving care.
♥ Engage consensually, with presence and mindfulness.
♥ Hold each other's personal space sacred.
♥ Honor our individual identities and how we express them.
♥ Be open and ready to repair mistakes, and for mutual healing.
♥ Reach out for support to a Dance Ambassador.
♥ No intentional touch of private or sexual areas, no "making out".
♥ Reserve dance floor conversation for necessities only.
♥ No substance use that could hinder awareness or caution.
♥ Refrain from scents.
♥ No street shoes on the dance floor, ever - thank you!